CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL TPA PRACTICE-BASED RESOURCES
|CLICK TO EXPAND ALL
|First Steps to Developing an Immunization Practice
|Contracting with Medicare
Pharmacists wishing to bill Medicare Part B for administration of immunizations will need to complete the application process to enroll as a Medicare provider:
- The application process is done via the online PECOS system.
- Fill out the CMS 855B (group or pharmacy practice) or CMS 855I (individual practitioner) in order to roster bill Medicare for vaccines.
|Contracting as a BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST) Immunizing Pharmacist Provider
|Regulatory and Practice Compliance
Collect, maintain, and routinely update the following information at your pharmacy practice site, including but not limited to:
- Copies of certificates of completion for the Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery certificate training program for all immunizing pharmacists (training is available through TPA or the American Pharmacists Association)
- Proof of completion of current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals CPR training for all immunizing pharmacists
- Evidence of completion of annual OSHA bloodborne pathogen training for all pharmacy staff involved in immunizations
- Policies and procedures for immunization program
- Exposure control plan
- Signed standing orders
- Hepatitis B documentation or declination
- Evidence of current professional liability insurance coverage
|Standing Orders for Pharmacist-Administered Immunizations
|Additional Immunization Practice Resources
- Immunization Action Coalition – Provider resources, including sample standing orders, advocacy materials, patient education, Needle Tips newsletter, email updates (IAC Express), Vaccine Information Sheets (VIS), and many other helpful resources
- Medicare Billing Information for 2018-2019 – Billing information for providers and Medicare provider information, including MC reimbursement, roster billing, etc.
- FDA: Vaccines Licensed for Use in the United States – Information about approved vaccine products available on the market today, etc.
- CDC: Vaccines & Immunizations – Comprehensive resource with Vaccine Information Sheets, Immunization Schedules, ACIP recommendations, etc.
- APHA Immunization Center – Listserve and lots of helpful resources
- WHO: Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals – Resources, information, surveillance data, resources
- CDC Vaccine Price List