Tennessee Pharmacists Association

PharmPAC – A Capital Idea!

As a pharmacy professional, you can’t practice your profession without being affected by political decisions. We can’t be spectators in the political arena. We must advocate for ourselves — no one else will.

Please consider contributing to this important effort. You may CONTRIBUTE ONLINE or download the PharmPAC FORM and return it by fax or mail. Thank you!

PharmPAC logo

The Tennessee Pharmacists Political Action Committee (PharmPAC)’s primary purpose is to provide financial assistance to public office candidates who are supportive of the pharmacy profession and recognize the value of quality pharmaceutical care and services. PharmPAC permits the pooling of pharmacist resources, providing the means for more substantial contributions than can be made by individuals, and most importantly, recognizing Tennessee pharmacists as the source of support.

  • Contributions or gifts to TPA are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal Income Tax purposes. A percentage of dues payments are deductible by members as an ordinary and necessary business expense or as a miscellaneous deduction on Form 1040. TPA estimates the non deductible portion of dues (the portion allocated to lobby expense) is 20%.
  • Contributions to PharmPAC in excess of $100 are allowed. PharmPAC must report any individual contribution in excess of $100, including contributor’s name and address. Neither TPA, TSHP, nor any local society will favor or disadvantage anyone based upon the amounts of or failure to make PAC contributions.
  • Corporations are allowed to make contributions to Tennessee PACs. The amount of contribution the corporation may make to a PAC is unlimited. If you use a corporate credit card or corporate check to pay for a contribution to PharmPAC, the corporation will receive the receipt, and any contribution exceeding $100 will be reported to the Tennessee Registry of Election Finance in the name of the corporation. If you want the contribution receipted (and reported, if greater than $100) in your name, you must use a personal check or personal credit card to pay for the contribution.