TPA provides members with critical information about issues that affect pharmacists’ ability to practice safely and efficiently in Tennessee. In addition to the communications listed below, most news and information that TPA broadcasts to members will be posted on related News pages. Many articles can only be viewed with a members-only username and password. (Look for the padlock icon.) TO LOG IN, CLICK HERE and enter your username and password, or click “I can’t log in” to get the ball rolling. Once you’re in, you can check out the other items in your online TPA profile and make updates that might be needed!
- TPA Website – www.tnpharm.org – Members have access to information not available to the general public or to nonmember pharmacists. In addition to general information and news, the website has separate pages covering TennCare, Federal Programs, Legislative Activity, Education and Meetings, Societies, Districts, TPRN, Students, and much more! You will need a USERNAME AND PASSWORD to access pages that are for TPA members only. If you help setting up your members-only login, please contact us!
- Email Broadcasts – TPA disseminates legislative, health care and regulatory notices electronically, to keep members promptly informed in this fast-paced world of TennCare, Medicare, legislative affairs, drug manufacturers, compliance deadlines, CDC alerts, illegal importation, and other issues that we can’t begin to foresee. The most efficient way to do this is through e-mail, the most-used facet of TPA communications. If you change your e-mail address, be sure to let TPA know!
- 10 for Tenn – TPA’s weekly newsletter highlighting 10 key pharmacy-related news items for members.
- Tennessee Pharmacist (“The Journal”) – TPA’s print publication contains feature stories, association news, and other news of the day, and is mailed to all members. Beginning with the Summer 2022 issue, members will also receive the Journal electronically and may choose to opt out of the print publication.
- Tennessee Handbook on Pharmacy and Drug Law – The most comprehensive and usable set of Tennessee and federal laws available, this 1,300+ page publication is provided an digital download / eBook. Available to members and nonmembers, TPA members are entitled to steeply discounted pricing.
- Legislative Advocacy Center – TPA works to protect and enhance pharmacy practice for the benefit of our members and their patients. Together with members, TPA continues to engage legislators at the grassroots level. TPA’s Legislative Advocacy Center provides information to help pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy team members advocate effectively for the profession and the patients we serve.
- Tennessee Pharmacists Legislative Action Network (T-PLAN) – T-PLAN automates the process of identifying your legislator(s) and emailing them to ask for their support. Use messages included by TPA, or modify them to suit your situation. Advocating for pharmacy has never been easier!
- Fax Broadcasts – Since 2003, independent community pharmacists in Tennessee have relied on TPA’s Independent Link for time-sensitive information affecting their practices. The Independent Link is delivered by fax and sponsored by Pharmacy Plus.