Through the support of the Tennessee Pharmacists Research and Education Foundation (TPREF), TPA has launched an Executive Internship in Association Management. This annual, twelve-week program will be held during the summer at the Tennessee Pharmacists Association (TPA) office in Nashville, Tennessee.
The internship is a competitive, paid position. Applications to be considered are due by March 1.
- Provide student pharmacists with an educational experience in professional association management.
- Expose student pharmacists to the professional and educational issues confronting the pharmacy profession and encourage working toward solutions.
- Expand student pharmacists’ network of leaders and introduce them to multiple areas of pharmacy practice.
- Support TPA and TPREF through projects related to pharmacy leadership and innovative practice research.
The successful applicant will be a first or second-year student pharmacist at a Tennessee-based college/school of pharmacy who displays a strong desire to develop their leadership and professional advocacy skills.
Applicants should submit the following documents/information to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Three professional or academic references
Candidates may be asked to interview for the position. Announcement of the final selection will be made before April 1. Selection of the applicant shall be the responsibility of a committee composed of the professional staff of the Tennessee Pharmacists Association.