The Tennessee Pharmacists Research and Education Foundation (TPREF) is proud to offer an ACPE-accredited OSHA training webinar that meets all of OSHA’s annual training requirements. The OSHA Update webinar can protect you and your pharmacy practice site against potentially devastating OSHA fines—and your pharmacy site can continue to protect the public by providing immunizations, CLIA-waived testing services, and more. This webinar will provide attendees, including pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, with one (1.0) contact hour of live ACPE Continuing Education. This is a knowledge-based activity.
The webinar program is presented online by Dr. Stephan Foster, PharmD, FAPhA, FNAP. Dr. Foster is a retired Captain in the U.S. Public Health Service and a retired Professor at the University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy. He also serves as the APhA liaison to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP) and is nationally known for his work on pharmacist-provided immunization. Dr. Foster is on the Speakers’ Bureau for Merck, Pfizer, Seqirus, and Sanofi-Pasteur; he serves on the Advisory Board for Pfizer, Dynavax and Valneva.
- Identify potential bloodborne pathogens and their modes of transmission
- Explain the requirements for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to comply with the Bloodborne Pathogens Standards
- Describe engineering and work practice controls that can help minimize exposure risks
- List the hepatitis B vaccination requirements for health care workers
- Outline the proper post-exposure response
Attendees must register individually through the online registration that will be sent via email after payment confirmation. Attendees at the same practice site must register individually as well. However, the Zoom platform allows for participation in the program through individual or a shared computer.
2023 Training Dates and Times
NOTE: Registration for each session will close one hour before the webinar begins.
- Member Pharmacist or Technician – $40 *
- Non-member Pharmacist or Technician – $65
* Out-of-state members should register using the $25 promo code provided by a participating state pharmacists association. TPA members will not need a promo code to register at the $40 rate – just log in to receive your discount!
If you have questions, please contact Ariel Clark, TPA Director of Educational Affairs.
Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education (TPCE) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This webinar will provide one (1) hour of ACPE-accredited continuing education credits to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who attend the session and complete the online evaluation required to claim credit.