CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL TPA PRACTICE-BASED RESOURCES
CLICK HERE –to access the “Opioid and Prescription Drug Abuse” resources listed below — EXCLUSIVELY FOR TPA MEMBERS.
If you need help logging in to your TPA member account, please click here for instructions, or contact TPA. If you’re not a member and would like to join TPA, please click here!
In 2016, Tennessee had the 2nd highest prescription rate for opioids and was ranked near the top in prescription opioid overdose deaths per capita in the US, with 1,631 deaths in that year alone. Abuse of prescription benzodiazepines, stimulants, and sedatives has also become a growing concern.
While the federal and state governments are implementing policies in hopes of solving this national epidemic, pharmacists and health care providers continue to fight the battle against prescription drug abuse on the front lines. The Tennessee Pharmacists Association (TPA) has published this resource page to help pharmacists balance legitimate need and patient access with prevention of prescription drug abuse.
CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED.
- Updates on Dispensing of Opioids in Tennessee
- Pharmacists’ Roles
- Red Flags
- Professional Liability
- Actions Pharmacists Can Take When a Suspicious Prescription is Presented
- CSMD Registration Requirements for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Personnel
- CSMD Checking Requirements for Pharmacists
- CSMD Reporting Requirements for Pharmacist
- Authorized Disclosures of Patient-Specific CSMD Information
- Working with Prescribers
- Opioid Addiction Risk Tools
- Right to Refuse Dispensing
- Substance Abuse Treatment Resources for Patients
- State-Approved Pain Clinics
- Pharmacist-Provided Naloxone Therapy
- Tennessee Pharmacy Recovery Network (TPRN)
- Drug Disposal Resources
- Safe Disposal of Needles and Other Hazardous Waste Materials
- Educational Resources