Stacey Grimshaw, PharmD, the Tennessee Pharmacists Association (TPA) executive resident, is conducting her residency research on patient perceptions regarding the provision of patient care services by pharmacists. This project seeks anonymous input from patients regarding the services they have received from pharmacists and the role they feel pharmacists play in the delivery of their health care. She has prepared a brief, web-based survey to carry out the objectives of this project.
This is a very important research topic with respect to ongoing TPA activities promoting pharmacists as providers of patient care services, including collaborative pharmacy practice models, medication therapy management activities, revision of Tennessee Board of Pharmacy rules, “pharmacists as providers” initiatives, pharmacist-provided patient care programs, and other innovative projects focused on advancing the pharmacy profession.
TPA is asking all of its members to assist by distributing this short survey and collecting responses from patients in order to help TPA move the profession forward. The greater the numbers of responses, the more valuable the information will be, so please help us to collect as many responses as possible.
This survey consists of 14 multiple choice, true/false, and multiple answer questions, and should take less than 5 minutes for patients to complete.
Here is the link to the online survey: http://tinyurl.com/talktotpa
If you would like to review a PDF copy of the survey, please CLICK HERE.
Inclusion Criteria required for patient participation in the survey:
- Patients 18 years of age or older
- Patients who live or work in Tennessee
- Patients who have received (or asked for) medications, information, or services from a pharmacist or student pharmacist
Some helpful tips regarding distribution and collection of surveys:
- Identify the best time to reach out to your patients.
- Consider reaching out during, or immediately after, providing a patient care service (e.g., MTM, immunizations, etc.).
- If accessible, open the survey link on a computer, tablet, phone, or other electronic device so patients can complete it quickly.
- Consider all forms of communication with patients, including email, Facebook, mail, and other forms of communication, to distribute this survey to patients.
- If time or collecting electronic responses is a barrier, you can also print the surveys, collect the completed surveys, and either scan and email the results to Stacey@localhost, fax them to 615.255.3528, or mail them to the TPA office address below.
- Print and distribute bag stuffers at the point of sale.
More information and resources, including a flyer, bag stuffers, and an FAQ document explaining the survey to patients, are available below.
TPA highly values the work you do every day to help your patients live healthier, more productive, and higher quality lives, and your assistance with this survey is greatly appreciated!